Susan G Komen: Pink Martini Night

So...Little known fact about me. I'm a philanthropist...through and through. Since my pre-teen years I have always been into helping those who deserve help and fighting my all for those who need fought for. Whether I donated every weekend as a teen to the "Challenger League of Virginia", my college years to my beloved sorority Alpha Phi and Cardiac Care for Women or my absolute love of "SAVING THE TATA's"...and the Susan G Komen Foundation. These charities pull at my "heart strings" as Oprah would say.

I had the absolute honor of co-chairing the 3rd Annual "Pink Martini Night" at Kincaids in Norfolk with a committee of about 20 of the most amazing women you will ever meet. Here is the background...A phenomenal woman by the name of Kim Ripley Adams started this event after her own battle with breast cancer...3 years later and about $80,000.00 this event is thriving. This year's Martini night was more important than ever. After another bought of cancer Kim lost her fight mere weeks before the event...leaving behind a beautiful daughter and husband. As a mother myself I have vowed to never stop fighting for what Kim believed in. All of the women on my committee, including my great friend and co-chair Robin were friends and supporters to Kim throughout her entire battle. I never had the honor of meeting Kim, but I feel tied to her through the Komen foundation in spirit and I am honored to try to keep her legacy living.

The 2008 Pink Martini Night got great media coverage, sold out 500 tickets and raised approximately $40,000.00. Our committee is already coming up with how to make next years event even bigger and even better.

It is not often that I get to work with my husband but he did take some amazing pictures (as always). If you would like to check out more pictures from the entire event go to:
1). http://www.jameschristiansonphotography.com/
2). go to the client proofing section
3). login: pink martini
4). password: norfolk

Tell us what you think...and become a philanthropist. No matter how busy you are, there is something that everyone believes in.My best "mommy friend" Stephanie selling our balloons...our fastest money maker of the night.
Beautiful flowers donated by "Fluttering Flowers."

My Mom, My Stephanie and Myself.
The Committee and MC Keri Furey
Of course we served...Pink Martini's...

No comments:

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Blogger Template by A Creative Bride